Apple Oat Muffins (Ovo Lacto)
- Preheat oven to 375℉ (190℃) 2. Place prunes and water in a food processor or blender and puree.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt if using and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, beat together the prune purée, milk, maple syrup, egg whites and apples.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Transfer batter to nonstick or paper lined muffin cups, or to muffin cups lightly sprayed with vegtable cooking spray. Bake 20-30min until muffin tops are lightly browned and a wooden toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. NOTE: You can substitute ⅓ cup commercially prepared puréed prunebaby food of prune butter (found in jam & jelly of baking section of your supermarket for the prune puree) the baby food prune jars you will need 2 2/2 oz jars and the prune butter will add extra cal sue to the added sugars in the mixture.