Cinnamon Streusel Ice Cream
Cinnamon Streusel Ice Cream recipe
FOR THE ICE CREAM: 1.
In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks until slightly thickened. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine cream, milk, and sugar. Bring to a gentle boil over medium high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
Whisk about 1 cup of the hot mixture into the egg yolks, then whisk the egg yolk mixture back into the pan.
Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Pour through a fine sieve into a large bowl.
Stir in vanilla. Cool slightly. Then, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 2 days.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's Transfer ice cream to a freezer container and gently stir in cinnamon streusel just until marbleized. Cover lightly and freeze ½ to 2 hours before serving. Note: To add extra smoothness and volume to homemade ice cream, make the mixture a day ahead and refrigerate. After churning, ripen the ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer from ½ to 2 hours. FOR THE STREUSEL:
- Preheat oven to 300℉ (150℃)
- In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar with the flour and cinnamon. Using knives or a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet, and bake 5 minutes. Stir several times while baking, watching to be sure the topping does not burn. Cool, then break up any large clumps that may have formed.