Pear & Lamb Kebabs With Harpoon Ale-Rosemary Pan Sauce
To make the kebabs, you’ll need eight 10-inch wooden or bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes. Metal skewers may overcook the lamb, so use only metal if you like your meat well done.
fresh, stems removed and minced
boneless leg of lamb
trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
ripe & firm, cored and cut into 1.5-inch chunks
sweet red bell peppers
seeded and cut into 1.5-inch squares
strong winter warmer ale
cold, cut into pieces
salt and black pepper
- In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, cinnamon, lemon juice, rosemary and garlic. Add lamb and toss to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 3 hours. Discard marinade.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In large bowl, combine lamb, pears, bell peppers, salt and pepper. Thread lamb, pears and peppers alternately on skewers.
- Preheat large skillet over medium-high heat and grease with canola oil. When pan is hot, sear kebabs until dark golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer kebabs to warmed platter, cover and keep warm in oven.
- Add ale to skillet, scraping up browned bits with wooden spatula, and simmer until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Turn heat to low and add brown sugar, stirring until smooth.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in butter until fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over lamb kebabs and serve immediately.