Do you enjoy preparing delicious meals for your loved ones? Flex your culinary muscles this Valentine’s Day and create a delicious and elegant meal to share with the special person in your life.
As you think about what to serve your loved one, remember that the perfect Valentine’s Day meal is what you really enjoy!
From burgers to lobster, chose an entree that you both love and make it special. Keep reading for tips and strategies on how to serve a delicious and stress-free meal this Valentine’s Day.
Tips for crafting an elegant Valentine’s Day meal :
- Have a plan for serving your meal at the proper temperature and a back-up plan in case your loved one is delayed and the meal you have prepared has to sit.
- Be sure to plan time in your meal preparation schedule to get yourself dressed and ready to share a meal with your loved one.
- Plan for and serve sensible portion sizes and be sure to save room for a special Valentine’s Day dessert.
- Have a back-up plan for your meal, such as a frozen pizza or omelettes, in case there is some sort of disaster in the kitchen.
- Be aware of your loved one’s dietary needs. Do not push them to eat something that does not fit within their dietary restrictions.
- Stay within your budget as you purchase groceries for your Valentine’s Day meal.
- Take help from your local butcher as needed. For example, ask him to trim your protein or butcher your chicken.
- If the recipes for your Valentine’s Day meal calls for special ingredients, only buy enough for your meal or have a plan to use the rest of the ingredient so that it is not wasted.
- If you are creating a meal with only a few ingredients, buy the highest quality ingredients you can afford so that your meal has the best flavor.
- If you are cooking with a protein or cut of meat that you are unfamiliar with, ask your butcher or fish monger for advice.
- Ingredients for a special meal can be expensive, so make something that you are familiar with or feel confident that you can prepare successfully.
- Set and decorate the table earlier in the day.
- Decide which serving dishes you will use to serve your food and have them set out in advance.
- Do as much preparation work ahead of time as possible. For example, clean and chop any vegetables you might need earlier in the day or even the day before.
- Try to make your special meal as stress-free as possible. If your Valentine’s Day schedule is packed with activities, share a special meal with your loved one on a different day close to Valentine’s Day.
- Have a plan to use any leftovers so that none of your hard work goes to waste.
- If your kids will be with you on Valentine’s Day, prepare them a fun dinner and then enjoy your special meal with your loved one after the kids have gone to bed.
- Don’t be tied to a Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Maybe a picnic for dinner or lunch or a Valentine’s Day breakfast works best for you.
- If you need to transport your Valentine’s Day meal:
- Have a plan to keep your meal at the right temperature.
- Be sure to pack all of the utensils you will need for serving and eating.
- Since you are making a special Valentine’s Day meal, serve a prepare or a very simple dessert to cut down on your stress.
Valentine’s Day Entree Recipes :