Simple and Easy Restaurant Style Alfredo Sauce
I LOVE getting fettuccine alfredo at most restaurants, but the jarred stuff always tastes bland and terrible to me. After trying many online recipes, I mixed a few basics and few ideas to find a recipe that was perfect for me and my family. And here it is! We serve our alfredo sauce over fettuccine or tortellini. It's also great to use as a sauce on a homemade veggie pizza or in veggie lasagna. Enjoy! 27
heavy whipping cream
salt and black pepper
(for garnish, if desired
whisk frequently between steps and while cooking
- Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the minced garlic and onion.
- Add 6 ounces of the heavy cream, stirring constantly.
- Melt in the cream cheese.
- Stir in salt, pepper, parsley, and nutmeg.
- Add in grated Parmesan cheese and grated Romano cheese a little at a time, each time stirring constantly until melted.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolk into the remaining 2 ounces of the heavy whipping cream, then add mixture back into sauce.
- Simmer over medium low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or a little more to cook down to the desired thickness.
Garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. puree some roasted red pepper and whisk into the sauce as well, if desired, to create a roasted red pepper alfredo sauce