Grand Marnier Cake
grand marnier or cointreau, orange flavor
- Preheat oven to 350℉ (180℃). Grease 9-inch tube pan 2. Cream butter and 1 cup of the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda; add alternately with sour cream to egg mixture, mixing well each addition. Stir in orange rind and chopped nuts.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; fold into batter.
- Turn batter into pan; bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 min.
- Combine remaining sugar, orange juice and Grand Marnier. Spoon over hot cake in pan; decorate with almonds. Cool before removing from pan.