Beer-Battered Onion Rings
At least an hour of advanced preparation is required, to allow the dry ingredients to blend. This recipe will work well with other vegetables, shrimp, chicken strips, etc.
1 bottle Gordon Biersch MÃ¤rzen
to soak onion rings
dredge onion rings
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the beer and eggs, mixing constantly. If the mixture seems too thick, adjust consistency by adding more beer or some water. Allow to rest at least one hour before using.
- Peel and cut the onions into 1-inch rings. Soak in milk. Coat rings in the additional flour so the batter will adhere better to rings.
- Fill frying pan with oil (enough to completely cover the onions). Heat oil to approximately 375°F.
- Dip onion rings in batter and drop in oil. Cook until golden brown. Remove from oil and place on paper towels to dry.
- Serve hot with barbecue sauce on side.
114g (4.0 oz)
Amount per Serving
Calories 3416% of calories from fat
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2g 3%
Saturated Fat 1g 3%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 62mg 21%
Sodium 25mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 23g 23%
Dietary Fiber 3g 11%
Vitamin A 1% • Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 4% • Iron 21%
* based on a 2,000 calorie diet How is this calculated?