Cullen Skink with King Prawns
A traditional Scottish soup made with smoked haddock and King Prawns. A Delicious winter warmer.
Smoked,Skinned and Boneless Fillets
(King Prawns Preferable)
• (Make Sure the Haddock fillets are Skinned and Boned before beginning)
• Roughly cube the Potato and finely chop the Onion, set to one side.
• Put the Milk in a large saucepan with the Bay Leaves; poach the Haddock for a few minutes.
• Remove the Haddock and flake, put to one side. Tear the King Prawns (peeled) in half roughly, put to one side.
• Add the Potato and Onion to the pan, cook slowly until the vegetables are soft.
• (REMOVE BAY LEAVES) Blend the Milk and vegetables until they are a smooth, creamy consistency, replace to pan.
• Add the flaked Haddock, King Prawns and 2tbsps double cream, stir through. Add pepper to taste.
• Serve hot with a swirl of cream and chopped chives as garnish. Best served with crusty, buttered brown bread.