Seafood in Coconut, Ginger and Lemongrass Sauce
A delightful gourmet recipe brought to you by Real Food Direct
thai chili paste
skinned and chopped
use reduced fat if preferred
tiger or king prawns
Bottlegreen Ginger and Lemongrass Cordial
juice from lime
scallions, spring or green onions
shredded, to garnish
- Cut the baby sweet corn in half lengthways. If the mange tout are large, halve them. Bring a pan of water to boil, add the vegetables and boil for 3 minutes. Drain the vegetables and rinse under cold water to retain colour, and then drain again.
- In a deep frying pan (or sauté pan), gently cook the chopped shallots until softened. Stir them into the curry paste, tomatoes, and coconut milk. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes, or until reduced by half when the tomatoes are pulpy.
- Meanwhile, cut the salmon into 4cm chunks. Pat the prawns dry on kitchen paper. Add them to the sauce with the Ginger and Lemongrass cordial and lime juice, and then stir together. Let it simmer for 5 minutes until the prawns turn pink and the salmon is cooked.
- Add the blanched vegetables and gently let the heat through.
- Scatter over shreds of spring onion and accompany with basmati or Thai jasmine rice. Ready to serve.