Quick Pickled Okra
Short cut version of refrigerated pickled okra. 33
- Place 1 clove sliced garlic and ½ teaspoon dill into 2 one-pint jars.
- Tightly pack washed and trimmed okra each jar.
- Bring 2 tablespoons non-iodized salt, 1 cup water, and 1 cup white wine vinegar to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil until salt dissolves.
- Using a ladle and a funnel, carefully pour hot brine into jars over packed okra. Leave ½-inch head space in each jar. Tighten lids onto jars.
- Cool on the counter until the jars are at room temperature.
- Refrigerate. Okra pickles will be ready to eat after two weeks, although the flavor will continue to improve with time. Eat okra pickles withing 2 months.