Oven-Fried Orange Roughy
or other fish, similar size
crushed, or seasoned bread crumbs
fresh, for garnish
1) Thaw fish if frozen.
Pat dry on paper toweling.
2) Melt butter in shallow baking dish as oven preheats.
3) In medium bowl, whisk together the egg, water and lemon juice.
4) Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish (such as a pie pan).
Speread crumbs in another shallow dish.
5) Coat fish with the flour mixture, dip in the egg mixture, then roll in the crumbs.
6) Place fish in baking dish with melted butter.
Turn over to coat.
7) Bake at 350℉ (180℃) F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when probed with a fork.