Chocolate Stout Ice Cream
You will need a two-quart ice cream container to make this one-quart recipe. If you want a different dessert experience, look for a chocolate stout cake recipe to serve with this ice cream.
heavy whipping cream
chopped, null, null
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the cream, stout, milk and honey until bubbly. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on high, beat the egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl until fluffy. Beat in the cocoa powder until thoroughly combined.
- Gradually stir in the hot stout mixture into the egg mixture until just combined. Then pour the contents into the saucepan.
- Cook and stir over a medium heat until the mixture is slightly thickened and just beginning to bubble around the edges—don’t overcook.
- Place the semisweet chocolate in large bowl. Pour the hot egg mixture over the chocolate and whisk well until the chocolate is melted. Let the mixture cool, then cover and chill thoroughly (two hours or more).
- Pour the mixture into a 2-quart ice cream container. Freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Makes one quart.
90g (3.2 oz)
Amount per Serving
Calories 25463% of calories from fat
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 18g 28%
Saturated Fat 11g 56%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 62mg 21%
Sodium 25mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 9g 9%
Dietary Fiber 3g 11%
Vitamin A 14% • Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 6% • Iron 7%
* based on a 2,000 calorie diet How is this calculated?