Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
Appetizer that everyone will love!
24 oz sliced water chestnuts
3 lb bacon (each slice cut into 3 pieces)
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. miracle whip or less :)
3/4 c. heinz chili Sauce
- Soak 40 toothpicks in cold water. Cut bacon and wrap around water chestnuts, insert toothpick.
- Place on a cookie sheet or broiler pan.
- Bake at 350℉ (180℃) for about 40 to 45 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile, mix brown sugar, miracle whip, and Heinz chili sauce.
- In a saucepan, heat the mixture until clear; stirring constantly.
- When bacon is done, drain fat and place onto clean pan.
- Pour sauce over water chestnuts and heat until warm.