semi sweet, pieces, null, null
creme de menthe
green or white
heavy whipping cream
fresh, if desired
- Separate eggs, placing whites in large bowl, yolks in small bowl.
Reserve ½ cup chocolate pieces.
In large glass bowl, place remaining chocolate and the butter.
Microwave on HIGH 3 minutes, stirring until well blended.
- Beat in yolks, one at a time, beating well after each. Let cool, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes, or until slightly Stir in 4 tablespoons creme de menthe. With electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until stiff, moist peaks form. With same beaters, in small bowl, beat cream until stiff. Fold the egg whites and half of whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Cover; refrigerate mousse and remaining cream until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, in small glass bowl, place reserved chocolate. Microwave on HIGH 3 minutes, or until chocolate is melted. On foil lined tray, trace a 6-inch circle. Spread melted chocolate within circle. Refrigerate 45 minutes; with knife, cut circle into 6 equal wedges.
- To serve: With electric mixer at high speed, beat the reserved Spoon into pastry beg fitted with ½-inch star tip. Pipe 6 swirls on mousse. Between each swirl, press a chocolate wedge slightly into mousse to stand upright. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired. Makes 10 servings.
90g (3.2 oz)
Amount per Serving
Calories 28676% of calories from fat
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 24g 37%
Saturated Fat 14g 70%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 232mg 77%
Sodium 68mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 2g 2%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Vitamin A 19% • Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 4% • Iron 5%
* based on a 2,000 calorie diet How is this calculated?