Dirty Chocolate Chip Cookies
Don't let the name fool you, there is no dirt in it anywhere. I named it this because of how it looked when it was all finished. With that said, I was in a baking mood and decided to combine my 2 favorite cookies together. I have no regrets. My kids said they loved them and this recipe was a keeper.
10-12 Oreo cookies
1 1/8 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup butter softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Remove cream from 6 to 8 Oreos and put cream in a small bowl. Crush the cookies to a fine powder and put in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Take remainder 4 to 6 Oreos and chop or break them up into small pieces about the size of the chocolate chips or slightly bigger and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, milk, reserved Oreo cream and vanilla in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat egg into sugar mixture.
- Gradually mix in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chopped Oreos.
- Spoon the dough into your preferred cookie-sized balls and roll the balls in the Oreo dust until completely covered. On an ungreased cookie sheet or lined with parchment paper, place the cookies about 1½ to 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for about 2 minutes. Enjoy!