Creamy Chicken and Noodles
This short cut version of classic chicken and noodles uses frozen noodles and cream of chicken soup to create a rich and creamy meal your family will love! 14
2 large chicken breasts
2 bay leaves
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp poultry seasoning
1 Tbsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 16 oz pkg frozen egg noodles
- Place chicken breasts in a large pot or Dutch oven with 7 cups of water, 2 bay leaves, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning 1½ teaspoon sat and ½ teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Once the chicken is cooled, remove chicken from broth. If using breasts with the bone in and skin on, clean the breasts, removing all bones, skin and excess fat.
- Reserve 6 cups of chicken broth. Discard remaining broth and bay leaves.
- Shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces using your fingers or two forks. Set aside.
- Place the reserved broth in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add frozen noodles, 1½ teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon paprika. Boil noodles for 20 minutes.
- Once noodles are cooked, drain off the broth and place the noodles back into the pot. Add two cans of cream of chicken soup, 1 teaspoon paprika, ¼ cup shredded carrot, ¼ cup finely diced celery, and ¼ cup finely chopped onion. Simmer on medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add shredded chicken and simmer for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve in large bowls and enjoy!