Best Beef Brisket
My beloved Mother-in-Law gave me this recipe and it continues to be our family's favorite brisket recipe. 14
½ bottle soy sauce
1 can beef consommé soup
Juice of 1 lemon
Dash of garlic salt
Sauce (or use your favorite prepared BBQ sauce)
1 c. catsup
4 T. Worcestershire sauce
4 T. brown sugar
4 T. vinegar
2 T. liquid smoke
Mix ingredients together and simmer on low for 10 minutes to “marry” the flavors.
- Mix all ingredients and marinate the brisket in a zip lock bag overnight.
- Next Day: Pour off liquid, sprinkle meat generously with paprika.
- Wrap in heavy aluminum foil.
- Bake 250 degrees for 4 to 5 hours. (Alternately, put in crockpot)
- Cool completely, slice thinly against the grain.
- Prepare sauce. (Recipe below)
- Put meat back into crockpot or oven safe container. Pour sauce over meat and bake for 1 hour at 300 degrees, or heat thoroughly in the crockpot