Bread Machine Pumpkin Spice Bagels
Saved in 9 recipe boxes and 4 cookbooks
These pumpkin spice bagels look great too. I really love the color of these bagels, pumpkin puree gives these bagels rich golden color, which makes the bagel look so yummy. Another great recipe with picture.
|3 1/4||teaspoons||yeast, active dry|
1. Insert ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturer's instructions. Remove the dough from the machine after the first knead - approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Place dough on a floured surface. Divide into 8 parts. Form balls, gently press thumb through center of ball and slowly stretch into bagel shape.
3. While bagels rise, bring three quarts of water and one tablespoon of sugar to a rapid boil in a large saucepan. Drop test dough (see hints below).
4. Using a slotted spoon, drop 2-3 bagels into rapidly boiling water. Boil on each side for 1/2 minutes. Remove and cool on rack 1 minute, brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds, if desired.
5. Bake at 400 on a baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal, until golden - approximately 15 minutes.
First published: 1996-01-27 last updated: 2014-12-16