Apple and Celery Root Puree
Apple and celery root puree is an unusual combination of flavors. Perfect with braised meat!
1 piece celery root (about 325 grams)
1 tart apple (about 200 grams)
4 tablespoon soy creamer
1 tablespoon cultured butter
- Peel celery root and cut into 2 cm (approximately 3/4 inch) cubes.
- Peel apple, cut into quarters and remove core. Cut apple into cubes.
- In a small pot, combine apple and celery root and season with salt and pepper. Add enough water to come halfway up the sides of the vegetables. Cover pot and bring to a boil, then cook over low heat until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, then return to pot and cook until all liquid evaporates, about 1 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion or hand mixer.
- See Full Recipe Please Visit http://eatsmarter.com/recipes/apple-and-celery-root-puree