Pork Chops with Creamy Tomato Basil
This is an elegant way to prepare pork chops. They are good enough for company and will make you look like a chef.
Cook time: 30 Min Prep time: 30 Min Serves: 4
4 thick pork chops
2 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
1/3 c dry red wine
2 c canned stewed tomatoes, pureed in a blender
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped (or 2 tsp. dried)
1/2 c whipping cream
fresh basil for garnish
1. Rub pork chops with garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat oil in sarge skillet and brown chops in hot oil. Remove and keep warm
2. Deglaze pan with red wine by adding wine to hot pan. Scrape up brown bits and simmer liquid until reduced by about half.
3. Stir in pureed tomatoes and basil and add pork chops back to pan. Simmer about 20 minutes but don't overcook the chops or they'll be tough. Remove chops to serving platter and keep warm.
4. Add cream to sauce and bring just to simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour sauce over chops and garnish.
5. May be served with rice or noodles.