Simple Yellow Beans Salad
yellow beans are in season they are tender and mild in flavour. This tasty bean salad is lightly marinated in balsamic vinaigrette with orange pepper, red onion and flavoured with fresh basil.
* 1 lb. organic fresh yellow wax beans
* 1 organic orange pepper, thinly sliced
* ½ organic red onion, thinly sliced For the marinate
* 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
For the marinate
• 2 tsp. GF balsamic vinegar
• ½ tsp. pure maple syrup
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• ½ tsp. sea salt
• ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• ½ cup fresh basil leaves
Place beans in salted boiling water and cook for 5 minutes, drain immediately and cool. If you prefer the beans softer cook another 3 minutes.
Whisk together all the ingredients for the marinate
Add beans, marinate and basil into a large bowl and toss.
Refrigerate for one hour before serving. Toss beans couple of times while marinating to make sure all the beans are well coated.
Garnish with parsley.