- Bowl of mixed berries and granola with low-fat yoghurt
- Fresh or poached apples, pears or peaches with whole wheat or buckwheat pancakes, or waffles with low-fat vanilla yogurt.
- Sauteed mushrooms, cherry tomatoes or asparagus with whole wheat toast.
- A toasted bagel or slices of sandwich breads with scrambled eggs, low-fat cream cheese, smoked salmon and fresh vegetables.
- Vegetable frittatas made in pan or muffin tins.
- Fresh fruit and/or vegetable salad with citrus yoghurt and toasted nuts.
- Muesli topped with fresh blueberries, raspberries, cherries or any your favorite fruit.
Green salad with smoked salmon, hard-boiled egg, cold potato slices, semi-dried tomatoes, capers and green beans; dress with balsamic vinegar and good olive oil
- Sliced ham on the bone with seeded mustard, whole grain bread, avocado, tomato slices, fresh mixed greens and red onion.
- Greek salad that is made of cucumber, feta, tomato, olives and olive oil.
- Roast vegetable salad made from leftover roast vegetables, feta or goat cheese, cooked green beans and toasted nuts.
- Bruschetta topped with arugula or other greens, pear or apple slices, cheddar cheese and toasted nuts.
- Roast turkey, beef fillet, lamb or pork (one is sufficient – too much choice often confuses the enjoyment)
- Whole baked salmon – stuff with lemon slices, dill and almonds and bake in foil in the oven; serve with a bowl of low fat sour cream mixed with horseradish.
- Seafood and fish – grilled or baked (keep these simple to enjoy their delicate flavours)
- Roast vegetables; drizzle with honey or maple syrup and balsamic vinegar, good olive oil.
- Roast vegetable salad – potato, pumpkin, kumara, sweet potatoes, parsnip, beets, onions can all be roasted ahead, then cut up and dressed to make a salad; toasted pumpkin seeds or other nuts make a delicious garnish.
Sweets and Dessert
Pavlova or meringue crushed and mixed with lemon yoghurt, blueberries and walnuts and served in individual glass bowls
- Mango jelly garnished with fresh raspberries, strawberries and blueberries
- Ice cream Christmas pudding made by mixing brandy-soaked dried fruit in softened light ice cream and then freezing in a pudding bowl
- Bowls of roasted nuts, dried fruits and dark chocolate pieces
- Chocolate-covered fruits, such as strawberries, cherries, and melons – mix of milk chocolate and dark chocolate with fresh fruits.
- Smoked salmon fillet with crackers or bread slices, low-fat or nonfat cream cheese, lemon slices and fresh dill
- Hummus or salsa with pita bread, tortilla chips and vegetable sticks.
- Monkey Bread filled with a mixture of ricotta cheese, feta, spinach, basil and chopped sun-dried tomato
- Mini cracker-sticks topped with low-fat or nonfat cream cheese, smoked salmon slices, olives and capers