I cannot locate my McCall;s Great American Spice Cookies Recipe Card 23g. If anyone has the recipe and would be willing to share it with me I would be very appreciative. Looked for the card this morning and no luck. Now the holidays are here and I'd like to make these cookies (so good with a hot cup of tea). Thank you very much.
McCall's Great American Recipes
New England 23g
2 1/2 cups sifted all purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
3/4 cup butter(softened)
1 cup sugar
1 egg (large)
1/4 cup light molasses
1. Sift flour with baking soda and spices on to wax paper.
2. In medium bowl beat butter, sugar and egg until light and fluffy.
3. With wooded spoon, beat in flour mixture, alternating with molasses.
Beat will. Refrigerate dough, covered for 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
5. Shape ball 1/2 inch and place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
6. Bake 8 to 10 mins. Remove to rack and sprinkle with confectioners suagr.
While still warm.
Makes 5 to 6 dozen.