Crunchy Ginger Snaps (Similar to Arnotts Gingernut)
By RubberDucky AU
Photo by Piper Lee
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Serves: 60, Yield: 60 biscuits
About This Recipe
"Snappy, crunchy, golden brown ginger cookies perfect for dunking. Easy, and very delicious. Because I use Aussie measurements I'll write in teaspoons to avoid international confusion : )))"
250 g butter
2 cups caster sugar
8 teaspoons golden syrup
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 cups self raising flour
10 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat oven to 180C (350 F) or 170C if using gas or fan forced oven.
2. Cream the first three ingredients in a bowl.
3. In another bowl, combine the last four ingredients.
4. Mix together til combined, but don't overmix.
5. Bake teaspoonfuls on a greased tray for 10 mins, or until the entire biscuit is golden brown. If you only cook til it has golden edges you will get a chewy biscuit. It needs to be the same deep golden brown over the whole biscuit.
6. Cool for a couple of minutes on the tray, and then lift to a rack. Store when totally cool in an airtight container.