Great American Recipe Card
CALICO CHICKEN BREASTS
Poultry at it's Best
Gr 5 Card # 93
For 4 serving:
4 boneless chicken breasts, skinned and halved (1 -1/2lbs)
2 Tbsp butter
2 teasp fresh lime juice
4 cups zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
2 cups fresh tomatoes (chopped)
2 Tbsp oregano leaves
1 teasp dried oregano
2 Tbsp brandy, or tequila (optional)
1 teasp salt and pepper or to taste
4 slices Cheddar or Jack cheese
Fresh Oregano or parsley to garnish
**Can substitute oil for the butter.
1. In a large skillet, add the chicken breast to the butter. Cook
over medium heat until lightly browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
2. Squeeze lime juice over the chicken.
3. Add the zucchini and tomato to the pan in and even layer.
Cook over low heat, turning the chicken often for 18 to 20 minutes
until chicken is cooked thru and the zucchini and tomato are steamed.
4. Remove chicken and vegetables to a platter and keep warm.
Sprinkle with the oregano.
5. Add the brandy to the pan. If used adjust the heat to high. Boil until juices are evaporated.
Pour over the chicken, top with cheese.
6. Serve warm with vegetables on the side over hot cooked rice.
Garnish with Oregano.