picture was on front cover OF WOMANS WORLD MAGAZINE
Snowman Cookies Recipe
Wrap these chocolate-topped snowmen in colored tissue and place them inside holiday containers. Like real snowmen, they disappear fast! —Betty Tabb, Mifflintown, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling YIELD:48 servings
1 cup butter, softened
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 cups sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Miniature semisweet chocolate chips, and green and red M&M's minis
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
2 to 4 teaspoons 2% milk
Red and/or green food coloring
Miniature milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
1. In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 325°. Shape dough into forty-eight 1-in. balls, forty-eight 3/4-in. balls and forty-eight 1/2-in. balls. On ungreased baking sheets, place one ball of each size, side by side, for each snowman.
3. Bake 18-20 minutes or until light brown. Remove from oven; cool on pans 2 minutes. Press on chocolate chips for eyes and M&M's for buttons. Carefully remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
4. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, extract and enough milk to reach a piping consistency. If two colors of frosting are desired, transfer half of the frosting to another bowl and tint each with a different food coloring.
5. Cut a small hole in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; fill with frosting. Pipe scarves on snowmen. Use frosting to attach chocolate kisses for hats. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie: 139 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Thank you for the recipe. My child loves cookies. I recently made chocolate chip cookie for her. She only wants to have cookies and such other food throughout his day. But I make sure that she eats a complete diet. So, I make various recipes from different vegetables and fruits by checking recipes from https://www.cellublue.com/fr/product/fit-food-guide/ . The livre régime has many recipes that is crucial for the health.