Scrumptious Deep Fried Chicken
Extra crispy perfectly seasoned deep fried chicken.
2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons garlic salt
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 tablespoon Accent
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
2 tablespoons water
chicken thighs (with skin and bone in)
Oil for deep fat frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first nine ingredients.
- Beat eggs with water.
- Put two pieces of chicken at a time in flour mixture and shake to coat.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and then back into flour mixture.
- In deep fat fryer preheat oil to 360 degrees.
- Fry a couple pieces at a time for 17 to 20 minutes.
Note: I drain chicken on wire rack over cookie sheet. It's much crispier than when you drain on paper towels.