Mom's Enchilada Casserol
Enchilada Casserol 5
3 lbs. ground beef
1 large yellow onion
30 oz. enchilada sauce (1 large, 1 small can)
36 corn tortillas
3 4 oz. cans diced green chilies
2 packages of taco seasoning
3 lbs. grated montery jack/colby cheese
1 8 oz. can olives
1/2 c. water
- Preheat oven to 350℉ (180℃).
- Dice onion.
- Brown ground beef.
- Add taco seasoning, water, and cook 5 to 8 minutes.
- Coat lasagna pan (or 2 9x13 baking pans) with non-stick spray.
- Place one layer of corn tortillas on bottom of pan.
- Top tortillas with ⅓ of meat mixture.
- Spoon some enchilada sauce over the meat mixture so meat is gently covered in sauce (do not use all sauce at once).
- Top meat and sauce layer with cheese (not all at once).
- Place another layer of tortillas on top of meat layer.
- Repeat steps 7 to 10 until reach top of pan. Top layer should end with cheese, not tortillas.
- Sprinkle olives over top layer.
- Bake until cheese begins to bubble.
- Remove from oven, cut in squares, and serve.