700 grams banana
1 lime (juice)
140 grams brown sugar
125 grams butter
1 vanilla bean
250 grams pastry flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
100 grams coarsely chopped walnuts
- Peel banana, cut into pieces and puree with lime juice.
- Preheated oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F). Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Beat sugar with butter, eggs and mashed banana. Cut vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out seeds. Mix with flour and baking powder. Gradually add flour mixture to batter. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 50-60 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil after about 45 minutes. Remove, cool slightly in dish and then remove using parchment paper.
- See Full Recipe Here: http://eatsmarter.com/recipes/banana-bread-6