Apple Spice Cake
A delicious, easy-to-prepare cake. 9
1 box Spice Cake Mix (moist style)
1 can Comstock Apple Pie Filling
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water or applesauce
About 1 cup chopped nuts (I prefer candied walnuts)
1 tub Cream Cheese Frosting
1 small jar Dulce de Leche sauce
Candied walnuts or pecans
- Set oven to 350 degrees
- Grease or spray Pam on bottom of 9 x 13" pan
- Open Apple Pie filling and put in bottom of mixing bowl
- With a sharp knife, cut apple slices into smaller, bite-sized pieces
- Add 3 eggs
- Add oil
- Add cake mix
- Add water or applesauce to thin the mixture a bit, if necessary
- Add chopped, spiced nuts
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake until toothpick comes out dry.
Frosting: 1. Put frosting into mixing bowl. 2. Add Dulce de Leche sauce to your taste 3. Frost cooled cake 4. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.