Cod Fish a la Mode
|1||pound||cod fillets||salted, soaked in water, skinned and boned|
|1||each||sweet bell pepper||large, seeded and chopped|
|3||each||tomatoes||peeled and seeded|
|4||each||potatoes||cooked in their skin,s peeled and sliced|
1. Soak fish overnight, changing water 3 times.
2. Dice or shred the fish into large pieces, squeezing out the liquid.
3. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet and add cod, and cook until slightly coloured. (It will give out water, let this evaporate)
Remove to a plate and season.
4. Add onions and cook until onions are soft. Transfer to a plate.
5. Cook bell pepper 2 minutes in the same skillet.
6. Oil a small pyrex and arrange layers starting with the potatoes, then cod fish, onions, 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, bell pepper, tomato and finish with potatoes.
Add 4 tablespoon olive oil.
7. Spread dots of butter on top of the potatoes 8. Bake at 350℉ (180℃) for 45 minutes.
9. Serve topped with sliced egg and sprinkled with the rest of the parsley.
First published: 1996-01-27 last updated: 2015-01-27