Cod Fish a la Mode
|1||pound||cod fillets||salted, soaked in water, skinned and boned|
|1||each||sweet bell pepper||large, seeded and chopped|
|3||each||tomatoes||peeled and seeded|
|4||each||potatoes||cooked in their skin,s peeled and sliced|
1. Soak fish overnight, changing water 3 times.
2. Dice or shred the fish into large pieces, squeezing out the liquid.
3. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet and add cod, and cook until slightly coloured. (It will give out water, let this evaporate)
Remove to a plate and season.
4. Add onions and cook until onions are soft. Transfer to a plate.
5. Cook bell pepper 2 minutes in the same skillet.
6. Oil a small pyrex and arrange layers starting with the potatoes, then cod fish, onions, 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, bell pepper, tomato and finish with potatoes.
Add 4 T olive oil.
7. Spread dots of butter on top of the potatoes 8. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
9. Serve topped with sliced egg and sprinkled with the rest of the parsley.
First published: 1996-01-27 last updated: 2012-09-23