Better Than Sex Chex Mix
Saved in 4 recipe boxes
|8||cups||wheat chex cereal||chocolate chex® cereal*|
|3||tablespoons||corn syrup, light|
|1||cup||miniature peanut butter cups||reese's peanut butter cups, mini size*|
|1/2||cup||caramels||caramel bits (found by the chocolate chips in the baking aisle*|
|1||tablespoons||heavy whipping cream|
|1/2||cup||milk chocolate||milk chocolate baking chips (or more if you're a huge chocolate fan)*|
|1/2||cup||vanilla chips||vanilla (white) chocolate baking chips*|
1. Into large microwavable bowl, measure cereal; set aside. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
2. In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave brown sugar, butter and corn syrup uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and smooth. Stir in baking soda until dissolved. Pour caramel mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Microwave on High 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread on cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes. Break into bite-sized pieces.
3. Make sure Chex mixture is cool to the touch (so candy doesn't melt.) Evenly sprinkle mini peanut butter cups candy and miniature marshmallows over Chex mixture.
4. In small microwavable bowl, microwave caramel baking bits and cream uncovered on High about 1 minute or until chips can be stirred smooth. Use a spoon or fork to drizzle over snack. Repeat with milk chocolate baking chips. Repeat again with vanilla (white) baking chips. Quickly sprinkle coarse salt over all while candy drizzles are still wet.
5. Refrigerate until set. Break apart and store in tightly covered container. Perfect for gift giving!
*6. DESSERT IDEA: Create parfait desserts by layering Chex mix and lightly sweetened whipped cream!
First published: 2012-09-11 last updated: 2014-12-16